Achievements till date:
Aarju has established its own benchmark in many fields like Advocacy & Networking, Capacity building programmes & mass mobilization events. Following are few glimpse of our achievements.
An unending life long process which always adds on to the perfection to sharpen the AF’s excellence. This process is majorly need based and follow-up based and always been AF’s Ace in pack.
- With all police stations in AF’s jurisdiction & trainee police officers on regular bi yearly on issues like Sexual minorities unaccepted aliens, Section 377 and its impact on our lives, Double discrimination of being sexual minority and Sero positive, and NGO’s and Police integration for better tomorrow.
- All government hospital set ups (all the departments) and private hospitals and Trusts working in the health sectors in the periphery of jurisdiction for linkages for any and every referral of AF’s beneficiaries.
- With legal and law departments like Lawyers collective, Human rights commission, & Legal aid Services department Bandra, for legal assistance to our beneficiaries.
Capacity building programmes
- Innovative IEC(Information, education & communication) material developmenttwice a year, for uttering messages which were not dealt or conveyed by any government material yet, like issues of Married MSM’s(Men having sex with Men), Female partner Referral of MSM, informative material development and reaching to, hard to reach population.
- Trainings on communication, personality development, social welfare administration, & documentation development and maintaining.
- One of the most liked episodes by beneficiaries and contributory platform for the beneficiaries which are arranged on monthly basis, bi yearly and mega event once a year named as “UTSAV NATYANCHA, AARJU FOUNDATION CHA”.
On a voluntary basis, AF through private donations and corpus funds conducts the following activities –
- Sex workers and Youth empowerment through education both formal and informal
- Capacity building training sessions on Women Rights, RTI and general health issues
- Prevention of violence against women meetings with mohalla committees and youth mandals
- Work with migrant populations and truckers on health issues
Partnership/Membership/Networking and linkage: AF has developed a professional relationship and partnership with the following national and International GOs/ NGOs/CBOs:
- UNDP, UNICEF
- The Humsafar Trust
- Member of Integrated Network of Sexual Minorities
- Lawyers Collective
- Center for legal aid and rights
- Mumbai NGO forum
- FPAI Mumbai
Expertise of the Organization:
- Institution building
- Community development work
- Targeted HIV intervention
- Conducting training on various development aspects
- Non-formal education
- Rights based approach
|Targeted Intervention||Men who have Sex with Men (MSM)||1000||1123|
|Targeted Intervention Plus (+)||Men who have Sex with Men (MSM)||1500||355|
|Advocacy Project||Policy and Law Makers||With all police stations in AF’s jurisdiction & trainee police officers on bi-annual sessions on issues like sexual minorities, Section 377 and its impact on our lives, stigma & discrimination and HIV/AIDS. All government hospitals (J.J. Hospital, K.E.M Hospital, Nair etc. all local government hospital). Organizations like Lawyers Collective and Human Rights Law Network (HRLN). National Human Rights Commission. Legal Aid Services Department (Bandra)|
|Capacity Building||Innovative IEC (Information, Education & Communication) material development. Trainings on communication, personality development, social welfare administration, and documentation development and maintaining.|
|Mobilization||MSM & partner,
judiciary, local leader
|“UTSAV NATYANCHA, AARJU FOUNDATION CHA”|
· Sex workers and Youth empowerment through education both formal and informal
· Capacity building training sessions on Women Rights, RTI and general health issues
· Prevention of violence against women meetings with Mohalla committees and youth Mandals